- Awesome Python
- Environment Management
- Package Management
- Build Tools
- Interactive Interpreter
- Date and Time
- Text Processing
- Natural Language Processing
- Command-line Tools
- Database Drivers
- Web Frameworks
- RESTful API
- Authentication and OAuth
- Template Engine
- News Feed
- Asset Management
- URL Manipulation
- HTML Manipulation
- Web Crawling
- Web Content Extracting
- Data Validation
- Admin Panels
- Static Site Generator
- Processes and Threads
- Concurrency and Networking
- WSGI Servers
- RPC Servers
- Game Development
- Code Analysis and Linter
- Debugging Tools
- Science and Data Analysis
- Data Visualization
- Computer Vision
- Machine Learning
- Functional Programming
- Third-party APIs
- DevOps Tools
- Job Scheduler
- Foreign Function Interface
- High Performance
- Network Virtualization and SDN
- Algorithms and Design Patterns
- Editor Plugins
- Other Awesome Lists
Libraries for Python version and environment management.
- pyenv – Simple Python version management.
- virtualenv – A tool to create isolated Python environments.
- virtualenvwrapper – A set of extensions to virtualenv
- pew – A set of tools to manage multiple virtual environments.
- Vex – Run a command in the named virtualenv.
- PyRun – A one-file, no-installation-needed version of Python.
Libraries for package and dependency management.
- pip – The Python package and dependency manager.
- conda – Cross-platform, Python-agnostic binary package manager.
- Curdling – Curdling is a command line tool for managing Python packages.
- wheel – The new standard of Python distribution and are intended to replace eggs.
Libraries to create packaged executables for release distribution.
- cx-Freeze – Freezes Python scripts (cross-platform)
- py2exe – Freezes Python scripts (Windows)
- py2app – Freezes Python scripts (Mac OS X)
- PyInstaller – A program that converts Python programs into stand-alone executables (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris and AIX)
- dh-virtualenv – Build and distribute a virtualenv as a Debian package.
Compile software from source code.
- buildout – A build system for creating, assembling and deploying applications from multiple parts, some of which may be non-Python-based.
- SCons – A software construction tool.
- PlatformIO – A console tool to build code with different development platforms.
- BitBake – A make-like build tool with the special focus of distributions and packages for embedded Linux.
- fabricate – A build tool that finds dependencies automatically for any language.
Interactive Python interpreters.
- IPython – IPython provides a rich toolkit to help you make the most out of using Python interactively.
- bpython – A fancy interface to the Python interpreter for Linux, BSD, OS X and Windows (with some work).
Libraries for file manipulation and MIME type detection.
- mimetypes – (Python standard library) Map filenames to MIME types.
- imghdr – (Python standard library) Determine the type of an image.
- python-magic – A Python interface to the libmagic file type identification library.
- path.py – A module wrapper for os.path.
- watchdog – API and shell utilities to monitor file system events.
- Unipath – An object-oriented approach to file/directory operations.
- pathlib – An cross-platform, object-oriented path library (included in Python 3.4)
Libraries for working with dates and times.
- arrow – Better dates & times for Python.
- dateutil – Extensions to the standard Python datetime module.
- delorean – A library for clearing up the inconvenient truths that arise dealing with datetimes in Python.
- when.py – Providing user-friendly functions to help perform common date and time actions.
- moment – A Python library for dealing with dates/times. Inspired by Moment.js.
- pytz – World timezone definitions, modern and historical. Brings the Olson tz database into Python.
Libraries for parsing and manipulating texts.
- difflib – (Python standard library) Helpers for computing deltas.
- Levenshtein – Fast computation of Levenshtein distance and string similarity.
- fuzzywuzzy – Fuzzy String Matching.
- esmre – Regular expression accelerator.
- shortuuid – A generator library for concise, unambiguous and URL-safe UUIDs.
- awesome-slugify – A Python slugify library that can preserve unicode.
- python-slugify – A Python slugify library that translates unicode to ASCII.
- unicode-slugify – A slugifier that generates unicode slugs with Django as a dependency.
- unidecode – ASCII transliterations of Unicode text.
- chardet – Python 2/3 compatible character encoding detector.
- xpinyin – A library to translate Chinese hanzi (漢字) to pinyin (拼音).
- pangu.py – Spacing texts for CJK and alphanumerics.
- pyfiglet – An implementation of figlet written in Python.
- Specific Formats
- tablib – A module for Tabular Datasets in XLS, CSV, JSON, YAML.
- python-docx – Reads, queries and modifies Microsoft Word 2007/2008 docx files.
- xlwt / xlrd – Packages is for writing and reading data and formatting information from Excel files.
- XlsxWriter – A Python module for creating Excel .xlsx files.
- mm – Python powered spreadsheets.
- PDFMiner – A tool for extracting information from PDF documents.
- PyPDF2 – A pure Python PDF library capable of splitting, merging and transforming PDF pages.
- Python-Markdown – A Python implementation of John Gruber’s Markdown.
- Mistune – Fastest and full featured pure Python parsers of Markdown.
- PyYAML – YAML implementations for Python.
- phonenumbers – Library for parsing, formatting, storing and validating international phone numbers.
- python-user-agents – Browser user agent parser.
- sqlparse – A non-validating SQL parser.
- Pygments – A generic syntax highlighter.
- python-nameparser – A simple Python module for parsing human names into their individual components.
- pyparsing – A general purpose framework for generating parsers.
Libraries for working with human languages.
- NLTK – A leading platform for building Python programs to work with human language data.
- Pattern – A web mining module for the Python programming language. It has tools for natural language processing, machine learning, among others.
- TextBlob – Providing a consistent API for diving into common natural language processing (NLP) tasks. Stands on the giant shoulders of NLTK and Pattern, and plays nicely with both.
- jieba – Chinese Words Segementation Utilities.
- SnowNLP – A library for processing Chinese text.
- loso – Another Chinese segmentation library.
- genius – A Chinese segment base on Conditional Random Field.
Libraries for generating project documentation.
- Sphinx – Python Documentation generator.
- reStructuredText – Markup Syntax and Parser Component of Docutils.
- MkDocs – Markdown friendly documentation generator.
- Pycco – The original quick-and-dirty, hundred-line-long, literate-programming-style documentation generator.
Libraries for storing configuration options.
- ConfigParser – (Python standard library) INI file parser.
- ConfigObj – INI file parser with validation.
- config – Hierarchical config from the author of logging.
- profig – Config from multiple formats with value conversion.
Libraries for building command-line application.
- Command-line Application Development
- cement – Cement provides a light-weight and fully featured foundation to build anything from single file scripts to complex and intricately designed applications.
- click – A package for creating beautiful command line interfaces in a composable way.
- clint – Python Command-line Application Tools.
- cliff – A framework for creating command-line programs with multi-level commands.
- Clime – Clime lets you convert any module into a multi-command CLI program without any configuration.
- docopt – Pythonic command line arguments parser.
- colorama – Cross-platform colored terminal text.
- Productivity Tools
- cookiecutter – A command-line utility that creates projects from cookiecutters (project templates). E.g. Python package projects, jQuery plugin projects.
- httpie – A command line HTTP client, a user-friendly cURL replacement.
- percol – Adds flavor of interactive selection to the traditional pipe concept on UNIX.
- RainbowStream – Smart and nice Twitter client on terminal.
Libraries for downloading.
- s3cmd – A command line tool for managing Amazon S3 and CloudFront.
- youtube-dl – A small command-line program to download videos from YouTube.
- you-get – A YouTube/Youku/Niconico video downloader written in Python 3.
- coursera – Script for downloading Coursera.org videos and naming them.
- WikiTeam – Tools for downloading and preserving wikis.
- subliminal – Library and command line tool to search and download subtitles.
Libraries for manipulating images.
- pillow – Pillow is the friendly PIL fork. PIL is the Python Imaging Library.
- wand – Python bindings for MagickWand, C API for ImageMagick.
- thumbor – A smart imaging service. It enables on-demand crop, resizing and flipping of images.
- imgSeek – A project for searching a collection of images using visual similarity.
- python-qrcode – A pure Python QR Code generator.
- pyBarcode – Create barcodes in Python without needing PIL.
- pygram – Instagram-like image filters.
- Quads – Computer art based on quadtrees.
- nude.py – Nudity detection.
- scikit-image – A Python library for (scientific) image processing.
- hmap – Image histogram remapping.
Libraries for manipulating audio.
- audiolazy – Expressive Digital Signal Processing (DSP) package for Python.
- audioread – Cross-library (GStreamer + Core Audio + MAD + FFmpeg) audio decoding.
- beets – A music library manager and MusicBrainz tagger.
- dejavu – Audio fingerprinting and recognition.
- django-elastic-transcoder – Django + Amazon Elastic Transcoder.
- eyeD3 – A tool for working with audio files, specifically MP3 files containing ID3 metadata.
- id3reader – A Python module for reading MP3 meta data.
- mutagen – A Python module to handle audio metadata.
- pydub – Manipulate audio with a simple and easy high level interface.
- pyechonest – Python client for the Echo Nest API.
- talkbox – A Python library for speech/signal processing.
- TimeSide – Open web audio processing framework.
- tinytag – A library for reading music meta data of MP3, OGG, FLAC and Wave files.
Libraries for manipulating video and GIFs.
- moviepy – A module for script-based movie editing with many formats, including animated GIFs.
- shorten.tv – Video summarization.
- scikit-video – Video processing routines for SciPy.
Libraries for geocoding addresses and working with latitudes and longitudes.
- GeoDjango – A world-class geographic web framework.
- geopy – Python Geocoding Toolbox.
- pygeoip – Pure Python GeoIP API.
- GeoIP – Python API for MaxMind GeoIP Legacy Database.
- geojson – Python bindings and utlities for GeoJSON.
- django-countries – A Django app that provides country choices for use with forms, flag icons static files, and a country field for models.
Libraries for working with HTTP.
- requests – HTTP Requests for Humans™.
- urllib3 – HTTP library with thread-safe connection pooling, file post support, sanity friendly, and more.
- httplib2 – Comprehensive HTTP client library.
- treq – Python requests like API built on top of Twisted’s HTTP client.
Databases implemented in Python.
- ZODB – A native object database for Python. A key-value and object graph database.
Libraries for connecting and operating databases.
- Relational Databases
- mysql-python – The MySQL database connector for Python.
- mysqlclient – mysql-python fork supporting Python 3.
- PyMySQL – Pure Python MySQL driver compatible to mysql-python.
- mysql-connector-python – A pure Python MySQL driver from Oracle.
- oursql – A better MySQL connector for Python with support for native prepared statements and BLOBs.
- psycopg2 – The most popular PostgreSQL adapter for Python.
- txpostgres – Twisted based asynchronous driver for PostgreSQL.
- NoSQL Databases
- cassandra-python-driver – Python driver for Cassandra by Datastax.
- pycassa – Python Thrift driver for Cassandra.
- PyMongo – The official Python client for MongoDB.
- redis-py – The Redis Python Client.
- py2neo – Python wrapper client for Neo4j’s restful interface.
- telephus – Twisted based client for Cassandra.
- txRedis – Twisted based client for Redis.
Libraries that implement Object-Relational Mapping or datamapping techniques.
- Relational Databases
- NoSQL Databases
Full stack web frameworks.
- Django – The most popular web framework in Python.
- Flask – A microframework for Python.
- Bottle – A fast, simple and lightweight WSGI micro web-framework.
- Pyramid – A small, fast, down-to-earth, open source Python web framework.
- web2py – A full stack web framework and platform focused in the ease of use.
- web.py – A web framework for Python that is as simple as it is powerful.
- TurboGears – The Web Framework that scales with you. Starts as a microframework and scales up to a fullstack solution.
- CherryPy – A Minimalist Python Web Framework, HTTP/1.1-compliant and WSGI thread-pooled.
- Grok – A framework built on the existing Zope 3 libraries, offers a lot of building blocks for web development.
- Bluebream – An open-source web application server, framework and library, created by the Zope community and formerly known as Zope 3.
- guava – A lightweight and high performance web framework for Python written in C.
Libraries that allow or deny users access to data or functionality.
- django-guardian – Implementation of per object permissions for Django 1.2+
- Carteblanche – Module to align code with thoughts of users and designers. Also magically handles navigation and permissions.
Content Management Systems.
- django-cms – An Open source enterprise content management system based on the Django framework.
- djedi-cms – A lightweight but yet powerful Django content management system with plugins, inline editing and performance in mind.
- FeinCMS – One of the most advanced Content Management Systems built on Django.
- Kotte – A high-level, Pythonic web application framework built on Pyramid.
- Mezzanine – A powerful, consistent, and flexible content management platform.
- Opps – A Django-based CMS for magazines, newspapers websites and portals with high-traffic.
- Plone – Content Management System built on top of the open source application server Zope and the accompanying Content Management Framework.
- Quokka – Flexible, extensible, small CMS powered by Flask and MongoDB.
- Wagtail – A Django content management system.
- Widgy – Last CMS framework, based on Django.
Frameworks and libraries for e-commerce.
- django-oscar – An open-source e-commerce framework for Django.
- django-shop – A Django based shop system.
- merchant – A Django app to accept payments from various payment processors via Pluggable backends.
Libraries for developing RESTful APIs.
- cornice – A REST framework for Pyramid.
- django-rest-framework – A powerful and flexible toolkit that makes it easy to build Web APIs.
- django-tastypie – Creating delicious APIs for Django apps.
- django-formapi – Create JSON APIs with HMAC authentication and Django form-validation.
- flask-api – An implementation of the same web browsable APIs that django-rest-framework provides.
- flask-restful – An extension for Flask that adds support for quickly building REST APIs.
- flask-api-utils – Flask extension that takes care of API representation and authentication.
- falcon – A high-performance Python framework for building cloud APIs and web app backends.
- eve – REST API framework powered by Flask, MongoDB and good intentions.
- sandman – Automated REST APIs for existing database-driven systems.
- restless – Framework agnostic REST framework based on lessons learned from TastyPie.
Libraries for implementing authentications schemes.
- Authomatic – Simple but powerful framework agnostic authentication/authorization client package.
- OAuthLib – A generic, spec-compliant, thorough implementation of the OAuth request-signing logic.
- rauth – A Python library for OAuth 1.0/a, 2.0, and Ofly.
- python-oauth2 – A fully tested, abstract interface to creating OAuth clients and servers.
- python-social-auth – An easy-to-setup social authentication mechanism.
- django-oauth-toolkit – OAuth2 goodies for the Djangonauts.
- django-oauth2-provider – Providing OAuth2 access to Django app.
- django-allauth – Authentication app for Django that “just works.”
- Flask-OAuthlib – OAuth 1.0/a, 2.0 implementation of client and provider for Flask.
- sanction – A dead simple OAuth2 client implementation.
Libraries and tools for templating and lexing.
- Jinja2 – A modern and designer friendly templating language.
- Genshi – Python templating toolkit for generation of web-aware output.
- Mako – Hyperfast and lightweight templating for the Python platform.
- Chameleon – Chameleon is an HTML/XML template engine for Python. Modeled after ZPT, optimized for speed.
- Spitfire – A very fast Python template compiler.
Libraries for working with event and task queues.
- celery – An asynchronous task queue/job queue based on distributed message passing.
- huey – Little multi-threaded task queue.
- mrq – Mr. Queue – A distributed worker task queue in Python using Redis & gevent.
- rq – Simple job queues for Python.
- simpleq – A simple, infinitely scalable, Amazon SQS based queue.
Libraries and software for indexing and performing search queries on data.
- django-haystack – Modular search for Django.
- elasticsearch-py – The official low-level Python client for Elasticsearch.
- solrpy – A Python client for solr.
- Whoosh – A fast, pure Python search engine library.
Libraries for building user’s activities.
- Feedly – A library which allows you to build newsfeed and notification systems using Cassandra and/or Redis.
- django-activity-stream – Generate generic activity streams from the actions on your site.
Tools for managing, compressing and minifying website assets.
- jinja-assets-compressor – A Jinja extension (compatible with Flask and other frameworks) to compile and/or compress your assets.
- webassets – Bundles, optimizes, and manages unique cache-busting URLs for static resources.
- fanstatic – Packages, optimizes, and serves static file dependencies as Python packages.
- fileconveyor – Monitors changes, processes, and transports assets to CDNs and file storage systems.
- django-storages – A collection of custom storage backends for Django.
- glue – Glue is a simple command line tool to generate CSS sprites.
- libsass-python – A Python binding of libsass, the reference implementation of SASS/SCSS.
- Flask-Assets – Helps you integrate webassets into your Flask app.
Libraries for caching data.
- Beaker – A library for caching and sessions for use with web applications and stand-alone Python scripts and applications.
- dogpile.cache – dogpile.cache is next generation replacement for Beaker made by same authors.
- HermesCache – Python caching library with tag-based invalidation and dogpile effect prevention.
- django-cache-machine – Automatic caching and invalidation for Django models through the ORM.
- django-cacheops – A slick ORM cache with automatic granular event-driven invalidation.
- johnny-cache – A caching framework for django applications.
- django-viewlet – Render template parts with extended cache control.
- pylibmc – A Python wrapper around the libmemcached interface.
Libraries for sending and parsing email.
- inbox.py – Python SMTP Server for Humans.
- imbox – Python IMAP for Humans.
- inbox – The open source email toolkit.
- lamson – Pythonic SMTP Application Server.
- flanker – A email address and Mime parsing library.
- marrow.mailer – High-performance extensible mail delivery framework.
- django-celery-ses – Django email backend with AWS SES and Celery.
- modoboa – A mail hosting and management platform including a modern and simplified Web User Interface.
- envelopes – Mailing for human beings.
- mailjet – Mailjet API implementation for batch mailing, statistics and more.
Libraries for woking with i18n.
- Babel – An internationalization library for Python.
Libraries for parsing URLs.
- furl – A small Python library that makes manipulating URLs simple.
- purl – A simple, immutable URL class with a clean API for interrogation and manipulation.
- pyshorteners – A pure Python URL shortening lib.
Libraries for working with HTML and XML.
- BeautifulSoup – Providing Pythonic idioms for iterating, searching, and modifying HTML or XML.
- lxml – A very fast, easy-to-use and versatile library for handling HTML and XML.
- html5lib – A standards-compliant library for parsing and serializing HTML documents and fragments.
- pyquery – A jQuery-like library for parsing HTML.
- cssutils – A CSS library for Python.
- MarkupSafe – Implements a XML/HTML/XHTML Markup safe string for Python.
- bleach – A whitelist-based HTML sanitization and text linkification library.
- xmltodict – Working with XML feel like you are working with JSON.
- xhtml2pdf – HTML/CSS to PDF converter.
- untangle – Converts XML documents to Python objects for easy access.
Libraries for scraping websites.
- Scrapy – A fast high-level screen scraping and web crawling framework.
- portia – Visual scraping for Scrapy.
- feedparser – Universal feed parser.
- RoboBrowser – A simple, Pythonic library for browsing the web without a standalone web browser.
- MechanicalSoup – A Python library for automating interaction with websites.
Libraries for extracting web contents.
- newspaper – News extraction, article extraction and content curation in Python.
- html2text – Convert HTML to Markdown-formatted text.
- python-goose – HTML Content/Article Extractor.
- lassie – Web Content Retrieval for Humans.
- micawber – A small library for extracting rich content from URLs.
- sumy – A module for automatic summarization of text documents and HTML pages.
- Haul – An Extensible Image Crawler.
- python-readability – Fast Python port of arc90’s readability tool.
- opengraph – A Python module to parse the Open Graph Protocol
Libraries for working with forms.
- WTForms – A flexible forms validation and rendering library.
- WTForms-JSON – A WTForms extension for JSON data handling.
- Deform – Python HTML form generation library influenced by the formish form generation library.
- django-bootstrap3 – Bootstrap 3 integration with Django.
- django-crispy-forms – A Django app which lets you create beautiful forms in a very elegant and DRY way.
- django-remote-forms – A platform independent Django form serializer.
Libraries for validating data. Used for forms in many cases.
- voluptuous – A Python data validation library. It is primarily intended for validating data coming into Python as JSON, YAML, etc.
- colander – A system for validating and deserializing data obtained via XML, JSON, an HTML form post or any other equally simple data serialization.
- schema – A library for validating Python data structures.
- Schematics – Data Structure Validation.
- kmatch – A language for matching/validating/filtering Python dictionaries.
- valideer – Lightweight extensible data validation and adaptation library.
Libraries for fighting spam.
- Stopspam – Intelligent spam detection for Python.
- django-simple-spam-blocker – Simple spam blocker for Django.
- django-simple-captcha – A simple and highly customizable Django app to add captcha images to any Django form.
Libraries for tagging items.
- django-taggit – Simple tagging for Django.
Libraries for administrative interfaces.
- Ajenti – The admin panel your servers deserve.
- Grappelli – A jazzy skin for the Django Admin-Interface.
- django-suit – Alternative Django Admin-Interface (free only for Non-commercial use).
- django-xadmin – Drop-in replacement of Django admin comes with lots of goodies.
- flask-admin – Simple and extensible administrative interface framework for Flask.
- flower – Real-time monitor and web admin for Celery.
Static site generator is a software that takes some text + templates as input and produces html files on the output.
- Pelican – Uses Markdown or ReST for content and Jinja 2 for themes. Supports DVCS, Disqus. AGPL.
- Cactus – Static site generator for designers.
- Hyde – Jinja2-based static web site generator.
- Nikola – A static website and blog generator.
- Tags – The simplest static site generator.
- Tinkerer – Tinkerer is a blogging engine/.static website generator powered by Sphinx.
Libraries for woking with processes or threads
- multiprocessing – (Python standard library) Process-based “threading” interface.
- threading – (Python standard library) Higher-level threading interface.
- envoy – Python Subprocesses for Humans™.
- sh – A full-fledged subprocess replacement for Python.
- sarge – A wrapper for subprocess.
Libraries for concurrency and network programming.
- asyncio – (Python standard library in Python 3.4+) Asynchronous I/O, event loop, coroutines and tasks.
- gevent – A coroutine-based Python networking library that uses greenlet.
- Twisted – An event-driven networking engine.
- Tornado – A Web framework and asynchronous networking library.
- pulsar – Event-driven concurrent framework for Python.
- diesel – Greenlet-based event I/O Framework for Python.
- eventlet – Asynchronous framework with WSGI support.
- pyzmq – A Python wrapper for the 0MQ message library.
- txZMQ – Twisted based wrapper for the 0MQ message library.
- Crossbar – Open-source Unified Application Router (Websocket & WAMP for Python on Autobahn).
Libraries for woking with WebSocket.
- AutobahnPython – WebSocket & WAMP for Python on Twisted and asyncio.
- WebSocket-for-Python – WebSocket client and server library for Python 2 and 3 as well as PyPy.
WSGI-compatible web servers.
- wsgiref – (Python standard library) WSGI reference implementation, single-threaded.
- Werkzeug – A WSGI utility library for Python that powers Flask and can easily be embedded into your own projects.
- paste – Multi-threaded, stable, tried and tested.
- rocket – Multi-threaded.
- waitress – Multi-threaded, poweres Pyramid.
- netius – Asynchronous, very fast.
- gunicorn – Pre-forked, partly written in C.
- fapws3 – Asynchronous (network side only), written in C.
- meinheld – Asynchronous, partly written in C.
- bjoern – Asynchronous, very fast and written in C.
- SimpleXMLRPCServer – (Python standard library) Simple XML-RPC server implementation, single-threaded.
- SimpleJSONRPCServer – This library is an implementation of the JSON-RPC specification.
- zeroRPC – zerorpc is a flexible RPC implementation based on ZeroMQ and MessagePack.
- PyCrypto – The Python Cryptography Toolkit.
- Paramiko – A Python (2.6+, 3.3+) implementation of the SSHv2 protocol, providing both client and server functionality.
- cryptography – A package designed to expose cryptographic primitives and recipes to Python developers.
- hashids – Implementation of hashids in Python.
Libraries for working with graphical user interface applications.
- PyQt – Python bindings for the Qt cross-platform application and UI framework, with support for both Qt v4 and Qt v5 frameworks.
- PySide – Python bindings for the Qt cross-platform application and UI framework, supporting the Qt v4 framework.
- wxPython – A blending of the wxWidgets C++ class library with the Python.
- kivy – A library for creating NUI applications, running on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Android and iOS.
- curses – Built-in wrapper for ncurses used to create terminal GUI applications.
- urwid – A library for creating terminal GUI applications with strong support for widgets, events, rich colors, etc.
- pyglet – A cross-platform windowing and multimedia library for Python.
- Tkinter – Tkinter is Python’s de-facto standard GUI package.
- enaml – Create beautiful user-interfaces with Declaratic Syntax like QML
Awesome game development libraries.
- Pygame – Pygame is a set of Python modules designed for writing games.
- Cocos2d – cocos2d is a framework for building 2D games, demos, and other graphical/interactive applications. It is based on pyglet.
- PySDL2 – A ctypes based wrapper for the SDL2 library.
- Panda3D – 3D game engine developed by Disney and maintained by Carnegie Mellon’s Entertainment Technology Center. Written in C++, completely wrapped in Python.
- PyOgre – Python bindings for the Ogre 3D render engine, can be used for games, simulations, anything 3D.
- PyOpenGL – Python ctypes bindings for OpenGL and it’s related APIs.
- PySFML – Python bindings for SFML
- RenPy – A Visual Novel engine.
Libraries for generating and working with log files.
- logging – (Python standard library) Logging facility for Python.
- logbook – Logging replacement for Python.
- Sentry – A realtime logging and aggregation server.
- Raven – The Python client for Sentry.
Libraries for testing codebases and generating test data.
- Testing Frameworks
- unittest – (Python standard library) Unit testing framework.
- nose – nose extends unittest.
- pytest – A mature full-featured Python testing tool.
- mamba – The definitive testing tool for Python. Born under the banner of BDD.
- contexts – A modern and flexible BDD framework for Python 3.3 and above, inspired by C#’s
- pyshould – Should style asserts based on PyHamcrest.
- Fake Data
- Code Coverage
- coverage – Code coverage measurement.
- Load Testing
- locust – Scalable user load testing tool written in Python.
- Error Handler
- FuckIt.py – FuckIt.py uses state-of-the-art technology to make sure your Python code runs whether it has any right to or not.
Libraries and tools for analysing, parsing and manipulation codebases.
- Code Analysis
Libraries for debugging code.
- pdb – (Python standard library) The Python Debugger.
- ipdb – IPython-enabled pdb.
- winpdb – A Platform Independent Python Debugger with GUI.
- pudb – A full-screen, console-based Python debugger.
- pyringe – Debugger capable of attaching to and injecting code into Python processes.
- memory_profiler – Monitor Memory usage of Python code.
- django-debug-toolbar – Display various debug information about the current request/response.
- django-devserver – A drop-in replacement for Django’s runserver.
Libraries for scientific computing and data analyzing.
- SciPy – A Python-based ecosystem of open-source software for mathematics, science, and engineering.
- NumPy – A fundamental package for scientific computing with Python.
- Numba – Python JIT (just in time) complier to LLVM aimed at scientific Python by the developers of Cython and NumPy.
- NetworkX – A high-productivity software for complex networks.
- Pandas – A library providing high-performance, easy-to-use data structures and data analysis tools.
- Open Mining – Business Intelligence (BI) in Python (Pandas web interface)
- PyMC – Markov Chain Monte Carlo sampling toolkit.
- zipline – A Pythonic algorithmic trading library.
- PyDy – Short for Python Dynamics, used to assist with workflow in the modeling of dynamic motion based around NumPy, SciPy, IPython, and matplotlib.
- SymPy – A Python library for symbolic mathematics.
- statsmodels – Statistical modeling and econometrics in Python.
- astropy – A community Python library for Astronomy.
- matplotlib – A Python 2D plotting library.
- bokeh – Interactive Web Plotting for Python.
- plotly – Collaborative web plotting for Python and matplotlib.
- vincent – A Python to Vega translator.
- d3py – A plottling library for Python, based on D3.js.
- ggplot – Same API as ggplot2 for R.
- Kartograph.py – Rendering beautiful SVG maps in Python.
- pygal – A Python SVG Charts Creator.
Libraries for computer vision.
- OpenCV – Open Source Computer Vision Library.
- SimpleCV – An open source framework for building computer vision applications.
Libraries for Machine Learning. See: awesome-machine-learning.
- scikit-learn – A Python module for machine learning built on top of SciPy.
- pattern – Web mining module for Python.
- NuPIC – Numenta Platform for Intelligent Computing.
- Pylearn2 – A Machine Learning library based on Theano.
- hebel – GPU-Accelerated Deep Learning Library in Python.
- gensim – Topic Modelling for Humans.
- PyBrain – Another Python Machine Learning Library.
- Crab – A ﬂexible, fast recommender engine.
- python-recsys – A Python library for implementing a Recommender System.
Framworks and libraries for MapReduce.
- PySpark – The Spark Python API.
- dpark – Python clone of Spark, a MapReduce alike framework in Python.
- luigi – A module that helps you build complex pipelines of batch jobs.
- mrjob – Run MapReduce jobs on Hadoop or Amazon Web Services.
- dumbo – Python module that allows one to easily write and run Hadoop programs.
- streamparse – Run Python code against real-time streams of data. Integrates with Apache Storm.
- fn.py – Functional programming in Python: implementation of missing features to enjoy FP.
- funcy – A fancy and practical functional tools.
- Toolz – A collection of functional utilities for iterators, functions, and dictionaries.
- CyToolz – Cython implementation of Toolz: High performance functional utilities.
Libraries for accessing third party services APIs. See: List of Python API Wrappers and Libraries.
- apache-libcloud – One Python library for all clouds.
- boto – Python interface to Amazon Web Services.
- twython – A Python wrapper for the Twitter API.
- soundcloud-python – A Python wrapper around the Soundcloud API.
- google-api-python-client – Google APIs Client Library for Python.
- gspread – Google Spreadsheets Python API .
- facebook-sdk – Facebook Platform Python SDK.
- facepy – Facepy makes it really easy to interact with Facebook’s Graph API
- Wikipedia – A Pythonic wrapper for the Wikipedia API.
- python-instagram – A Python Client for Instagram API.
- gmail – A Pythonic interface for Gmail.
- praw – A Python wrapper for the Reddit API.
- linkedin – A Python interface for LinkedIn.
Software and libraries for DevOps.
- OpenStack – Open source software for building private and public clouds.
- Ansible – An IT automation tool.
- SaltStack – Infrastructure automation and management system.
- Fabric – Tool for streamlining the use of SSH for application deployment or systems administration tasks.
- Fabtools – Tools for writing awesome Fabric files.
- cuisine – Chef-like functionality for Fabric.
- psutil – A cross-platform process and system utilities module.
- pexpect – A Python module for controlling interactive programs in a pseudo-terminal like GNU expect.
- provy – An easy-to-use provisioning system in Python.
Libraries for scheduling jobs.
- APScheduler – A light but powerful in-process task scheduler that lets you schedule functions.
- django-schedule – A calendaring app for Django.
- doit – A task runner/build tool.
- Joblib – A set of tools to provide lightweight pipelining in Python.
- Plan – Writing crontab file in Python like a charm.
- Spiff – A powerful workflow engine implemented in pure Python.
- schedule – Python job scheduling for humans.
- TaskFlow – A Python library that helps to make task execution easy, consistent and reliable.
Libraries for providing foreign function interface.
- ctypes – (Python standard library) Foreign Function Interface for Python calling C code.
- cffi – Foreign Function Interface for Python calling C code.
- SWIG – Simplified Wrapper and Interface Generator.
- PyCUDA – A Python wrapper for Nvidia’s CUDA API.
Libraries for making Python faster.
- Cython – Optimizing Static Complier for Python. Uses type mixins to compile Python into C or C++ modules resulting in large performance gains.
- PyPy – An implementation of Python in Python. The interpreter uses black magic to make Python very fast without having to add in additional type information.
- Stackless Python – An enhanced version of the Python.
- Pyston – A Python implementation built using LLVM and modern JIT techniques with the goal of achieving good performance.
Python programming on Microsoft Windows.
- pythonlibs – Unofficial Windows(32/64-bit) binaries for Python extension packages
- Python(x,y) – Scientific-applications-oriented Python Distribution based on Qt and Spyder.
- spyder – IDE for the Python language with advanced editing, interactive testing, debugging and introspection features (also comes with Anaconda).
Tools and libraries for Virtual Networking and SDN (Software Defined Networking).
- Mininet – A popular network emulator and API written in Python.
- POX – An open source development platform for Python-based Software Defined Networking (SDN) control applications, such as OpenFlow SDN controllers.
- Pyretic – A member of the Frenetic family of SDN programming languages that provides powerful abstractions over network switches or emulators.
- SDX Platform – SDN based IXP implementation that leverages Mininet, POX and Pyretic.
Libraries for programming with hardware.
- wifi – A Python library and command line tool for working with WiFi on Linux.
- scapy – A brilliant packet manipulation library.
Useful libraries or tools that don’t fit in the categories above.
- pluginbase – A simple but flexible plugin system for Python.
- itsdangerous – Various helpers to pass trusted data to untrusted environments.
- blinker – A fast Python in-process signal/event dispatching system.
Collections of algorithms and design patterns.
- python-patterns – A collection of design patterns in Python.
- algorithms – module of algorithms for Python.
Plugins for editors and IDEs.
- Elpy – Emacs Python Development Environment.
- Sublime Text
Where to discover new Python libraries.
- r/Python – News about Python.
- Python 3 Wall of Superpowers – Too many popular Python packages don’t support Python 3.
- Trending Python repositories on GitHub today – Good place to find new Python libraries.
- CoolGithubProjects – Sharing cool github projects just got easier!
- Full Stack Python – Plain English explanations for every layer of the Python web application stack.
- Django Packages – A directory of reusable apps, sites, tools, and more for Django projects.
- Pycoder’s Weekly – A free weekly newsletter, on Fridays, for those interested in Python development and various topics around Python.
- Python Weekly – A free weekly newsletter featuring curated news, articles, new releases, jobs etc related to Python.
List of lists.
本文由 程序员的资料库 整理自网络，欢迎转载，但请保留出处！